The Sheriff’s Office offers unpaid internships to college students who are intersted in a career in law enforcement. This opportunity allows students to observe law enforcement operations, learn more about the law enforcement environment and be mentored by trained professionals. Our interns will receive qualitiy hands-on experience while also having the the opportunity to explore a career with the Sheriff's Office. Interns will experience all areas of the agency to include but no limited to the Detention Division, Patrol Division, Communications Division, Court Security Division and Training Division.
2022 Sheriff's Office Internship Program
- Complete weekly reports and research paper by the end of the internship
- Experience numerous areas of service within the Sheriff’s Office
- Participate in ride-a-long opportunities
- Be eighteen years of age or older.
- Enrolled in a college or university.
- Earning college credits through the internship.
- Pass the interview, polygraph examination and background checks.
- Sign liability waivers.
Steps to Apply
- Complete the application (Send the completed application to Deputy Vrabac-Harris)
- Personal Interview
- Polygraph Examination
- Background Investigation
If you are interested in obtaining more information on our Internship Program please contact Deputy Vrabac-Harris.
2022 Sheriff's Office Crime Lab Internship Program
Internships at our Crime Lab provide mutual benefit for the intern and our lab, through original experiments, secondary research projects and/or general laboratory tasks. For more information about our Crime Lab internship opportunities, click here.
(Opening the application requires Adobe Reader. To install Adobe Reader, please go to this website: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.)